Retief Plein, Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth
- Client request was for the balcony to be closed with frameless windows. The client wanted to maximise the use of the balcony during all weather conditions.
- The challenge was that the roof slab and the balcony slab did not line up and an extension to the roof slab needed to be made.
- The safety platform was constructed to ensure that the public’s safety.
- The safety platform also serves as a working platform. Scaffolding unfortunately was not an option in this case.
- Concern for the existing finishes as well as safety and a functional enough working area were all integral to the job. You will see the additions and work done, safe grading the tiles as well as securing the entire structure. More accessibility to the roof and side formwork is realised.